Michael-Myers.net Forum Rules
- Please treat your fellow members and moderators with respect.
- Stay out of arguments (Don't fuel the fire).
- If you have nothing positive to say, move on to the next thread.
- If a thread is locked, deleted, or warnings were issued, a member should not open a new thread asking why such actions were taken.
- Avoid flaming, bashing, or other negativity.
- Be positive and have fun!
Trading Rules & Suggestions:
- You cannot sell something you do not have in your immediate possession (an exception would be pre-selling a mask based on a sculpt)
- Members selling multiple items should make one classified add with the various items, not multiple threads.
- No SPAM
- No multi-level marketing schemes.
- No misleading thread titles. (nude pics, goats, etc.)
- No Pornographic (XXX) items.
- No bootleg films/illegal items may be sold here
- YOU MUST add pictures to your classifieds ad. if your classified ad is submitted without pictures it WILL NOT be approved by a MOD. This will help prevent fraud and scams. This will also help you sell your item faster.
We have seen a number of trader's (new and veteran) coming up with lots of excuses for poor performance in their transactions, among these are ...
1. No money to ship your items.
2. No packing materials.
3. No time, due to other family obligations.
4. Midterms/Finals coming up.
5. I forgot.
6. I don't spend 24/7 behind my keyboard.
7. I just don’t care.
8. I changed my mind.
9. I lost all my PMs and Emails
10. Who do I owe money to? I lost the info.
11. Who sent me this money order? I can't remember what I sold!
On, and on, and on..................... way too many to list.
If you have time to post a For Sale thread, to receive payment, to receive goods, to reply to all the offers in your threads, and to strike a deal to begin with, you have time to pack your items properly and ship out in a timely manner. All it takes is a little preparation to begin with to have your packing materials ready, or even pack in advance if necessary. You should already have a time set aside to deliver the goods to your carrier. And very important is to set aside a few minutes of the day to COMMUNICATE with those with whom you have deals open. IT DOESN'T TAKE BUT A SMALL SPACE OF TIME! And maintain an open channel of communication until your transactions are complete.
Why become the topic of a thread that will damage or destroy your reputation? It doesn't take a genius to figure it out, my fellow collectors! Take responsibilty for your actions, and implement a plan to maintain honest, ethical trading practices.
Your word is your bond, your word is your rep, and your actions speak louder than all the words combined. If you can’t maintain and keep your word, and if you can't meet your obligations, then you have NO business doing business here.
Everyone has a burden fall upon them once in a great while, and those rare circumstances can be forgiven. I also know there are few who have had to deal with a much greater burden than I. I am asking you please to do the right thing. If I can do it, and many other top notch traders can do it, then you can and MUST! If you don't, this forum will eventually die, and you will once again be left to the vultures at eBay, and paying retail for all your Michael Myers mask needs. DON'T BLOW IT!
Rip Offs - How to avoid them and what to do first if you think it has happened to you:
1. Always ship with insurance and tracking #'s. If shipping expensive items, ship with delivery confirmation.
2. Know your shipper's terms of service. For example, Fedex Ground states under Liabilities Not Assumed it will not be held liable for
3. Always ask for a real name and home address, especially when trading with somebody who is unknown or has no feedback.
4. Opt to have other party ship first if trader is unknown or has no feedback or credibility.
5. Always do a search on a trader if you are unsure of his credibility In the -Feedback Forum.-
6. If you do not receive the goods/money right away, email the other trader, and request action.
7. If trader does not respond within a few working days, email again. Be patient.
8. Please do not jump to conclusions until a reasonable amount of time has passed. Two weeks with no response is a sure bet that something is wrong.
9. Do not make decisions while you are upset. Only post or email us after you have calmed down. This is most important. Making decisions while enraged will not help your cause; it can only hurt it.
10. Do not post derogatory remarks about a trader. Instead, post your situation in a calm and friendly manner. Flaming will only raise tempers, hurting your chance of getting your goods or money back.
11. Ask if anyone else has had trouble with the trader. It is always good to know as much as possible when trading with someone, especially if you think you got ripped by that person.
12. If the trader does not rectify situation, and action is required, post a negative evaluation under the feedback forum.
13. If the trader does not rectify situation, and action is required, we will post a thread stating "Do not trade with this person." If the trader straightens out the mess he/she has created, and everyone who is involved is satisfied, we will delete and/or retract the statement.
14. Please use common sense when trading.
15. You can file complaints about Internet fraud directly with the FBI at their Internet Fraud Complaint Center (IFFC).
16. Post feedback evaluations for your deals under the feedback forum, especially if requested to do so by the other trader. If you were treated well, a good evaluation is part of the deal, and the trader has earned it. If you were not treated well, other traders need to know what went wrong.
Last but not least............
17. Be nice and courteous, Nobody likes to be spoken to in a RUDE manner.
OUR SWEARING/PROFANITY POLICY:
- I have installed a 'profanity filter' on the forum. What this does is censor some of the most major words that some members don't wish to be seeing a lot of. For instance, instead of seeing the F-bomb, you'll now see "f***." This is very similar to how other boards deal with this problem, including Nightowl. If you try to get around the filter, and add spaces or dashes to still allow the word to display, you will get a warning or ban if it keeps up.
- If you don't mind profane words here and there, and wouldn't mind seeing them, you can actually turn this filter off in your user control panel. To turn the filter off, go to the "user control panel" link near the top of this page, once there, click on the 'board preferences' tab. Then on the left side, there should be a display options tab, in there you will find the ability to turn off the word censoring.
- Adding some of these words in your posts are going to happen once in awhile, and that's fine - we understand people are going to use it. Just don't use it excessively. We now have options for people who don't want to see it and also for people who don't mind seeing it.
If a word gets through that I did not add to the list of censored words, please PM me if you notice it and I will add it to the list. Thanks.
Thank you for your cooperation,