*updated* hobo myers costume

Talk about all of the Halloween franchise masks & films here.
Forum rules
- Please treat your fellow members and moderators with respect.
- Stay out of arguments (Don't fuel the fire). If you have nothing positive to say, move on to the next thread.
- If a thread is locked, deleted, or warnings were issued, a member should not open a new thread asking why such actions were taken.
- Avoid flaming, bashing, or other negativity.
- Be positive and have fun!
Wiseguy5150
Michael-Myers.net Contributor

*updated* hobo myers costume

Postby Wiseguy5150 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:37 pm

Hello everybody!!! Ive been working on a hobo myers costume for awhile now and am finally satisfied with it. I tried to make it as screen accurate as possible sorry there's no mask shots I'm waiting on a buried revolver from DT when it shows up I will get some shots of the mask.let me know what you guys think sorry these IPhone pics aren't the greatest

Last edited by Wiseguy5150 on Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Davy Krueger

Re: Finally finished my hobo myers costume

Postby Davy Krueger » Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:58 pm

Congrats man! Real grungy looking!
"The foulest stench is in the air
The funk of forty thousand years
And grizzy ghouls from every tomb
Are closing in to seal your doom
"

Wiseguy5150

Postby Wiseguy5150 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:07 pm

Thanks Davy! Thats the look I was going for the filthy dirty hippy look lol

InGen Collector

Postby InGen Collector » Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:25 am

Wow!
Thats amazing man! :rock: :rock: :rock:
Looks exactly like the real one!
Great job :D

Waiting-Watching

Postby Waiting-Watching » Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:30 am

Looks amazing dude!
The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us

own~
CGP Warlock
Propshop Psychopath
Buried Revolver
TM Destroyer #2
NAG 75K

Wiseguy5150

Postby Wiseguy5150 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:16 pm

Thanks guys!!!

JeffreyVoorhees

Postby JeffreyVoorhees » Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:48 am

Thats an awesome costume u have assembled there! Cant wait to see what it looks like with the revolver mask!
Then he's still there...Adrienne King as Alice Friday The 13th 1980

horrorfanatic85

Postby horrorfanatic85 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:45 am

Damn even the bedroll looks the part. I have almost completed my H2 costume myself, did you get rid of most of the red flannel of the the third layer of the jacket? as I got rid of most of that, as it was way to heavy.

those shots look a perfect fit, the weathering, the age, awesome job dude. Were you tempted to get the exposed mask from dela torre? As I plan to get the half mask from him, to fit my hobo Myers look

ED_ofthe_DEAD

Postby ED_ofthe_DEAD » Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:01 am

Perfect :shock:
Now I am become death. Destroyer of worlds.

Wiseguy5150

Postby Wiseguy5150 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:49 am

Thanks for the compliments guys!!! I chose not to use the flannel the costume is heavy and extremely warm so I decided to use the polyfill from my carhartt x02s for the flannel look I cut the polyfill to the size I wanted and sewed them to the inside of the black coat did the sleeves the same way I do plan on buying the whole buried series of mask from DT I'm waiting on a dream and revolver mask from him the half mask is next on my list

horrorfanatic85

Postby horrorfanatic85 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:18 am

Wiseguy5150 wrote:Thanks for the compliments guys!!! I chose not to use the flannel the costume is heavy and extremely warm so I decided to use the polyfill from my carhartt x02s for the flannel look I cut the polyfill to the size I wanted and sewed them to the inside of the black coat did the sleeves the same way I do plan on buying the whole buried series of mask from DT I'm waiting on a dream and revolver mask from him the half mask is next on my list

Good choice on the flannel, I kept the sleeves of the flannel and some parts of the flannel, I sowed and glued the collar of the flannel, so the main coats collar does not rub against my neck. I am still trying to find ways of making the coat lighter, don't think I can do anymore to it, atleast the jacket is down to 2 layers, if I include the hoodie jacket. That is without the coveralls

Sweet on the buried series, I may buy the buried series apart from the buried 2 and the clean mask. I got the half mask on the agenda from dela torre next, to complete the hobo look. I cannot wait on your revolver, the H2 series of the revolver dream sequence and half mask are my personal fave of dela's

Wiseguy5150

Postby Wiseguy5150 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:28 pm

I tried to get rid of everything you can't really see like the collars from the coats and the insulation from the coveralls or it would be way to hot to wear for long periods of time and it is heavy especially with the bedroll i plan on passing out candy to the trick or treaters this halloween I hope the weather is not to warm that day lol

The revolvers are my favs also Dela Torres work is top notch especially his paint and detail work

I must say my friend your jason remake costume is awesome!!! I look forward to seeing your H2 costume My next costume task will be a jason costume from the VS movie

horrorfanatic85

Postby horrorfanatic85 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:57 pm

Wiseguy5150 wrote:I tried to get rid of everything you can't really see like the collars from the coats and the insulation from the coveralls or it would be way to hot to wear for long periods of time and it is heavy especially with the bedroll i plan on passing out candy to the trick or treaters this halloween I hope the weather is not to warm that day lol

The revolvers are my favs also Dela Torres work is top notch especially his paint and detail work

I must say my friend your jason remake costume is awesome!!! I look forward to seeing your H2 costume My next costume task will be a jason costume from the VS movie

Yea thanks for the tip, I may actually try and get rid of more pieces, try and make it has light has possible. I may get rid of the collar of the main jacket, and more pieces of that jacket.

Damn what an awesome idea with the bedroll and the candy, the HOBO Myers costume truly is the most convenient for that feature on Halloween haha. I cannot wait too see how it looks with the mask when you get your revolver, my dream sequence and coveralls are in the mail, so should get them in a week or 2. I may try and avoid the buried 1 and 2 masks, just because I feel dela's H2 lineup is more accurate than his buried 1 and 2, but I do love the buried 1.

Thanks for that, I am delighted how the remake jason one came out, I tend to take the VS style exposed hock for comic con in october. What I look at with any costume I have done, is comfort and practicality. I would avoid VS like the plague, its 3 layers, huge gauntlet gloves, and the boots are annoying, not factoring in the latex undermask, its asking for a bath of sweat LOL. I find the remake for me is has cool as the VS, with just one layer which is the jacket and a T shirt, without gloves. You wear the baghead, you could wear that for hours without sweating.

I have bought a small fan, which I am placing inside my jason undermask, to see if that keeps me cool, if it does? what a game changer for my Jason costume

MickIbanez

Postby MickIbanez » Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:09 pm

Looks great man good job!

Wiseguy5150

Postby Wiseguy5150 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:34 pm

Thanks mickibanez !!!