Texas Chainsaw Massacre Life-sized Display Leatherface

Post about Freddy, Jason, Leatherface or other horror characters, movies and masks here
Forum rules

- Please treat your fellow members and moderators with respect.

- Stay out of arguments (Don't fuel the fire).

- If you have nothing positive to say, move on to the next thread.

- If a thread is locked, deleted, or warnings were issued, a member should not open a new thread asking why such actions were taken.

- Avoid flaming, bashing, or other negativity.

- Be positive and have fun!

Postby sirbrad » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:05 pm

*Work in progress* Making this post as a placeholder since there will be a ton of pics. This is a cool project that I had planned for a long time now that I finally started on. Will take awhile, but will be doing it as I get time. I ordered a lot of Halloween props that will all be repainted to look more realistic, and I plan on doing a life-sized diorama and costume, reminiscent of the 1974 Movie Maniacs McFarlane Series 4 Leatherface figure, plus more. Still gathering up some materials and will be making everything when I get time. Will also be using these and some other items for a mask display for all my Leatherface masks. Should be fun!

Some of the props so far with their standard bad mass-produced paint ups. Will be repainting all of them most likely, and making the wood look more real and the blades like aged steel and rusted possibly. Lots more to come!

SirBrad FX
sirbrad

Re: Texas Chainsaw Massacre Life-sized Display Leatherface

Postby Johnny6666 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:13 pm

That's amusing, Brad - because I had exactly the same idea with those exact same mass-produced props! Then I realised I have zero space for anything like that (and zero talent)...

So, you'll be reproducing the original 'Leatherface' '74? Nice to see a quality life-size of him.

I'd love to see a LS Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 'Bubba', which I'm not sure I've ever seen.

Leatherface TCM2 big chainsaw out of truck.JPG
Leatherface TCM2 big chainsaw out of truck.JPG (102.25 KiB) Viewed 1762 times

I've always thought that a real (but very cheap) generic chainsaw, stripped of all its insides (to get rid of weight) and appropriately painted, could work well for a 'Leatherface' LS.

Note: I recently saw a pic from Leatherface: Texas Chainsaw Massacre III where 'Leatherface' had severed fingers inserted into a bandolier he is wearing!
Johnny6666

Postby Hellbilly1965 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:00 am

not YET anyway David!!!! :shock:

DB.
"Create someTHING...you'll be glad you did".
Hellbilly1965

Postby sirbrad » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:38 am

Cool! Yeah I will be doing that and several others. And yeah I have TCM 2 in the works, both a costume and life-sized. Never saw any either, but that is what I do, costumes and life-sized that no one else has lol. I actually plan on doing costumes from all of the movies, maybe other characters too. Life-sized are tougher though as you need a face, or at least maniac type eyes and a mouth. But I can use my Thomas undermask if I have to and I might sculpt some teeth. But will definitely have the costume. Real chainsaws are heavy but I plan on repainting the Rubies one and modifying them and making my own longer ones for TCM 2. I have had this planned for a LONG time but never had the time to even start it. But I get a ton of requests for LF costume commissions so I will be doing them all eventually. I already have most of the masks which will be unveiled later once I start them.

The first ones will be prototypes and then will go from there improving them etc. I have a TON of stuff to experiment and try. I never use real chainsaws though as they are too heavy, loud, and smell bad. Not sure what a gutted one would weigh? But I prefer really lightweight props that look heavy and real. I also love the animated one with the loud sounds. I was surprised how good the quality was and how real it looks as far as thickness. Should be great repainted and modified later. Might even add a smoke machine somehow. I also want to work on making my mannequins poseable to hold a chainsaw, which needs to be REALLY light for that. But at least it will be a wearable costume as well, and as with all of my life-sized. So yeah this is just the BEGINNING. ;) And yes that one will be coming also and the Remake. :) I wish I had full time to commit to just these as I have wanted to make these costumes so long now. I have so many ideas it is driving me MAD! lol. But this will be just the start of many leatherface projects to come...
SirBrad FX
sirbrad

Postby Johnny6666 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:09 pm

Hellbilly1965 wrote:not YET anyway David!!!! :shock:

DB.

You planning something, DB? :D
Johnny6666

Postby Michael Aspinwall » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:29 pm

I can't wait to see this finished!
:pumpkin: I channel my inner Laurie Strode when I can. :pumpkin:
Michael Aspinwall
Michael-Myers.net Contributor
Michael-Myers.net Contributor

Postby sirbrad » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:07 pm

Some more props, slaughtering hook, severed hands, and a paint bucket. I was going to use a real metal one but did not see the need to spend that much on one as I will probably discard it anyway when I run out of room. So will be making one that is disposable but looks cool.

SirBrad FX
sirbrad

Postby sirbrad » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:55 pm

CFX gloves which I wanted for a LONG time, custom painted for Leatherface and works great for human Jason and other characters.

SirBrad FX
sirbrad

Postby sirbrad » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:29 pm

SirBrad FX
sirbrad

Postby sirbrad » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:47 pm

dbl
Last edited by sirbrad on Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SirBrad FX
sirbrad

Postby sirbrad » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:53 pm

SirBrad FX
sirbrad

Postby Johnny6666 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:10 pm

Excellent, Brad! Can't WAIT to see the custom Chainsaw! You're doing EXACTLY what I've wanted to do with it after seeing pictures online and watching YouTube review videos.

This thread is REALLY exciting! :shock: 8)

Indeed, you need to post this thread over at http://thesawisfamily.net, Brad. Be great to see it there! :rock:
Johnny6666

Postby sirbrad » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:10 pm

Thanks! Yeah I wanted to do this for years and it was a pain in the butt! A lot worse and harder than I expected. Whoever made this did not want it taken apart, or anything else put inside it, especially wood! Took a lot of sanding, dremmeling, cutting, foam, and glue to make it work. Could also add a real chain or a bike chain but trying to keep this light as possible for life-sized displays and costuming, so will be making my own scary looking chains and maybe later on molding some. Not sure if I will be making these to sell now or not as it was a major pain to get to this stage, and taking out all those hidden screws.
SirBrad FX
sirbrad

Postby sirbrad » Wed May 02, 2012 1:59 pm

Prototype chainsaw coming along nicely! :)

SirBrad FX
sirbrad

Postby Johnny6666 » Wed May 02, 2012 4:07 pm

Wow, Brad. That is impressive!

Will you accept commission orders on these? I really think I might want one!
Johnny6666

Next

Return to Freddy, Jason, Leatherface, Other