Jamie Lee Curtis opening from SNL 1980!

Michael-Myers.net General Discussion - Talk about the movies & masks here
Forum rules
- Please treat your fellow members and moderators with respect.
- Stay out of arguments (Don't fuel the fire). If you have nothing positive to say, move on to the next thread.
- If a thread is locked, deleted, or warnings were issued, a member should not open a new thread asking why such actions were taken.
- Avoid flaming, bashing, or other negativity.
- Be positive and have fun!

Re: Jamie Lee Curtis opening from SNL 1980!

Postby Johny_Utah » Fri May 11, 2012 5:14 pm

Wow with this great new Polaroid of Dick Warlocks mask. Does the weathering on the left side match the one in bed with JLC from SNL ?

Johny_Utah

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby anth0777 » Fri May 11, 2012 5:36 pm

I thought it may have been the Hero on past judgement and all we can do is make presumptions about what mask it really is but that is what keeps us interested and wanting to know the true facts even though we never will,i believe it's this stunt mask going off the eyecuts as Mark mentioned and i can't see them needing to have used more than one mask for that show so it's presumably one in the same mask so it can't be the Hero.i love all this stuff :) so intriguing and in desperate need of seeking the truth lol.

This mask/stunt imo with JLC pictured is the same mask pictured/circled in the H1 still im pretty sure of it.

anth0777
Michael-Myers.net Contributor

Postby Spook » Fri May 11, 2012 6:07 pm

Johny_Utah wrote:Wow with this great new Polaroid of Dick Warlocks mask. Does the weathering on the left side match the one in bed with JLC from SNL ?

Nope. Check out the 'T' mark on the forehead. It only goes to the end of the eyebrow on the SNL mask, but goes past the whole eyebrow on the Hero:

It's faint, but you can see they don't match.

Mark

Formerly THEMADBUG
Spook

Postby Johny_Utah » Fri May 11, 2012 6:20 pm

Wow great point. Awesome knowing the stunt mask could still be out there somewhere. I remeber TLW saying he thought it could still be somewhere in Debra Hills estate.
Johny_Utah

Postby kaizu » Fri May 11, 2012 8:03 pm

There are a bunch of these polaroid shots of JLC with the SNL sig used for the show. One thing I've noticed is that her hairstyle is very different in each shot :idea:
No way was the shot of her with the mask in the bed from the actual skit. She had very curly hair, almost a fro in the actual broadcast. I'm assuming all her polaroid shots were taken from different times and the SNL sigs were added on later for the show.
There's a huge chance that the two masks we see are totally different :idea:

kaizu

Postby Kirk Magnum » Sat May 12, 2012 8:27 pm

These are called "Bumper Spots". They used these when the network went to commercial or back from commercial. I doubt these were just Polaroids of her and I will be finding out about this extensively...this week. I can tell you this; if you host Saturday Night Live you are there on Monday working thru Saturday night. One can assume these photos were taken earlier in the week before Jamie Lee had her hair done up for the show Saturday night.

PS-John told me there were 4 masks used for Halloween.

There's scare in the air, a tale of wicked delight, a tale of a terrifying Halloween night.
Kirk Magnum

Postby kaizu » Sat May 12, 2012 8:39 pm

Kirk Magnum wrote:These are called "Bumper Spots". They used these when the network went to commercial or back from commercial. I doubt these were just Polaroids of her and I will be finding out about this extensively...this week. I can tell you this; if you host Saturday Night Live you are there on Monday working thru Saturday night. One can assume these photos were taken earlier in the week before Jamie Lee had her hair done up for the show Saturday night.

I know what they are Billy.lol
A few weeks ago you stated the bed scene mask was a stunt with haired brows and now you're saying it's the Hero...
I'm lost...

kaizu

Postby Kirk Magnum » Sat May 12, 2012 9:02 pm

kaizu wrote:
Kirk Magnum wrote:These are called "Bumper Spots". They used these when the network went to commercial or back from commercial. I doubt these were just Polaroids of her and I will be finding out about this extensively...this week. I can tell you this; if you host Saturday Night Live you are there on Monday working thru Saturday night. One can assume these photos were taken earlier in the week before Jamie Lee had her hair done up for the show Saturday night.

I know what they are Billy.lol
A few weeks ago you stated the bed scene mask was a stunt with haired brows and now you're saying it's the Hero...
I'm lost...

No, I played devils advocate...it was not the hero like many said it was and yes...JC did in-fact answer that very question when I spoke to him! But, that will be included on something else but all I can say is "I win!"

There's scare in the air, a tale of wicked delight, a tale of a terrifying Halloween night.
Kirk Magnum

Postby Kirk Magnum » Sat May 12, 2012 9:04 pm

kaizu wrote: now you're saying it's the Hero...
I'm lost...

Where did I say it was the Hero?

Kirk Magnum

Postby kaizu » Sat May 12, 2012 9:16 pm

Kirk Magnum wrote:
kaizu wrote: now you're saying it's the Hero...
I'm lost...

Where did I say it was the Hero?

The pics you deleted were that of the Hero.
The trademark blonde streaks and the tear in the eye.
Dude, you lose!lol

J/k

kaizu

Postby Kirk Magnum » Sat May 12, 2012 9:21 pm

I put up the wrong pics....I deleted them after I posted them. Holy crap...really, that's weak man. I deleted the pics not even 30 seconds after posting them. I was gonna post the same ones already in the thread.

Kirk Magnum

Postby kaizu » Sat May 12, 2012 9:28 pm

Kirk Magnum wrote:I put up the wrong pics....I deleted them after I posted them. Holy crap...really, that's weak man. I deleted the pics not even 30 seconds after posting them. I was gonna post the same ones already in the thread.

:lol:
Just teasin ya Billy.lol
But seriously, anxious to see some new info. Take your time man :idea:

kaizu

Postby Kirk Magnum » Sat May 12, 2012 9:32 pm

kaizu wrote:
But seriously, anxious to see some new info. Take your time man :idea:

No...just getting facts from people. Time isn't an issue, finding people was but isn't now. All of this will make a lot of sense soon...just have to wait till a formal announcement from the company paying my bills.

Kirk Magnum

Postby 850 T-Gul » Sat May 12, 2012 9:58 pm

I say this mask
is the hero. Look at the left side hairline.
Same mask.

Weathering can change depending on when the pics were taken. Hairline won't. So unless the mask in the closet scene isn't the hero, the mask in bed with JLC is the hero, imo. Not so sure about the mask behind the fence in the other still.

850 T-Gul

Postby kaizu » Sun May 13, 2012 4:02 am

850 T-Gul wrote:I say this mask
is the hero. Look at the left side hairline.
Same mask.

Weathering can change depending on when the pics were taken. Hairline won't. So unless the mask in the closet scene isn't the hero, the mask in bed with JLC is the hero, imo. Not so sure about the mask behind the fence in the other still.

I still agree with this. I'd like to add that lighting can play an important part on how the mask will appear in a pic.
Some say that the mask in the bed pic is not the hero since the "needle hole" cannot be seen but that pic is totally blur and washed out.
Look at the polaroid shot and the "needle hole" can't be seen at all either.

kaizu

PreviousNext